ADVERTISEMENT NO: NRTI/REG/R.ADVT/FP/01/2022
ADVERTISEMENT FOR RECRUITMENT TO FACULTY POSITIONS
In line with the Govt of India’s vision and established by the Indian Railways as a Deemed to be University under De-Novo category, National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), has been envisaged as an Avant-garde institution in the domain of transportation transport education. Both as an idea and a university, the Institute envisions to be a leader in transportation-focused applied education, training and research, by creating a resource pool of best-in-class professionals for the railways in particular and transportation sector in general. It needs no reiteration that being a university of first of its kind to shape empowered professionals in transportation domain, NRTI has been conceptualized to act as an engine for growth in transportation and logistics that would usher India into a country with new age modes of transportation.
With the basic infrastructure, governance and academic plan in place, the National Rail and Transportation University, Vadodara has been converted into an autonomous Central University called “Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya”, through an act of the Parliament
As Indian Railways grooms NRTI, it also becomes the site for live and experiential learning; a laboratory for innovative entrepreneurship; and a new identity of skilling manpower for rail and transport sectors. This momentous initiative by Indian Railways has heralded a new age of rail or transport research. Based on experiential learning, multi-disciplinary research, and academia-industry interface, NRTI promises to help rewrite the destiny and future of Indian transportation. NRTI offers multi-disciplinary programmes, both at UG and PG levels, designed to cater to the needs of India’s transportation sector. The Institute follows a demand-driven curriculum, while aligning with industry priorities. To ensure best-in-class delivery of education, the Institute follows a highly experiential and unique inter-disciplinary pedagogical system that incorporates the latest technologies such as live classrooms and online programs and delivered by high-quality faculty with global exposure.
NRTI strongly believes that a dynamic faculty base is core to the making of an aspiring and ever happening academic institution. The current pool of faculty members has done their doctoral and post-doctoral research from various premier institutions in India and abroad. The Institute NRTI looks forward to recruit more of such faculty members to augment its projected critical intellectual resources. Keeping in consideration the goals and vision of the Institute, NRTI invites applications for the positions of Associate Professor and Assistant Professor.
Domain Areas and Positions:
|Vacancies and Reservation
|Associate Professor , L-13 A
|UR – 1 SC -1,OBC -1
|UR – 1, OBC-1, EWS-1
|Computer Science and Engineering
|EWS-1, ST-1, UR 1, OBC-1
|OBC -1, UR – 1, ST-1
|(1) A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned Engineering discipline.
|(2) A Master ‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
|Academic Pay Level 13A of 7th CPC and allowances as applicable*
|(3) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of ten publications in Scopus indexed journals and a total research score of Seventy-five (75) as per the criteria.
API Score Sheet (Download Here)
|The requirements of minimum qualifications and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
|Academic Pay Level 10 A of 7th CPC and allowances as applicable*.
|PhD with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) at the preceding degree in the relevant branch, with a very good academic record throughout. The candidates should have demonstrated strong research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed peer reviewed journals of good impact factor and/or patents.
|Age Limit – 35 years as on the date of the advertisement (preferable).
|Desirable Qualifications and Experience for both Associate and Assistant Professor Positions:
|Education qualifications from the top 50 NIRF 2020 or top 500 QS /THE World University Ranking Institute/ University
|· International teaching experience
|· Exposure to new institution building and active participation in institutional initiatives and students’ affairs
|· Experience of online teaching
|· Proficiency in use of technology in teaching (with LMS and other tools) and professional work
|· Exposure to working with global partner universities and international faculty on projects and research
|· Experience of projects and collaboration with industry partners
|· Execution of projects with research grants from DST, CSIR etc.
* Selected candidates will be eligible for professional development allowance and initiation grant for research activities.
- Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organisations or Institutions/ autonomous bodies should send their application
THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL or a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer should be produced by the applicant at the time of the interview.
- Selection will be based on interview and shortlisted candidates will only be intimated well in advance of the date, time and mode of the interview.
- Candidates applying for a position in more than one discipline are required to fill-in separate application forms through online mode.
- All enclosures and the application form must bear full name and signature of the candidate on each page at the bottom.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application form. If it is found at a later stage that any information given in the form is incorrect/false, the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
- Candidates will be invited in reasonable numbers based on the relevant criteria. Merely fulfilling the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be shortlisted.
- The University reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason.
- Outstation candidates called for interview/ interaction shall be reimbursed travel expenses limited to II A/c Rail fare from the place of residence to the place of interview/ interaction and back as per instruction in the call letter, on production of tickets/invoice etc. This will not apply if the interview/ selection process is online.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. Canvassing in any form shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Fulfilling qualifying norms does not entail a call for an interview. Only candidates shortlisted on the basis of better qualification and quality of relevant experience shall be called for interview.
- Relaxation in age limit and other conditions applies to SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PWD/Ex-Servicemen candidates as per the relevant provisions under the GoI Rules, subject to submission of the certificates/testimonials for the same.
The Selection Process will involve the following steps
Step 1: A shortlisting committee gives its recommendation on the suitability of the candidates for faculty position.
Step 2: The candidates recommended by the shortlisting committee are called for a seminar and interaction.
Step 3: Seminar and Interaction
Step 4: Recommendation letters are sought from the referees of these candidates who are identified after the seminar and interaction.
Step 5: A final shortlist of candidates is made based on the basis of the application, faculty input, seminar, interaction and referee comments.
Step 6: The shortlisted candidates are called for an interview.
Step 7: The Selection Committee conducts the Interview
Step 8: The Selected candidates are offered the position, as advertised, on the approval of the competent authority.
Interested candidates may submit their application online, on the link click here, at NRTI website and upload the necessary enclosures.
Candidates are required to send hard copy of the application
(printed on submission of the application online)
with enclosures to the Deputy Comptroller (HR),
National Rail and Transportation Institute,
so as to reach us by 05/01/2023.
Non-receipt of hard copy of the application may render the candidature invalid.