February 19, 2021
Appointment of Vice Chancellor, National Rail & Transportation Institute (NRTI), Vadodara, Gujarat
The National Rail & Transportation Institute (NRTI), a Deemed to be University u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956, is a premier multi-disciplinary institution established under the auspices of Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India with the vision to become one of the leading Institutions in India offering high-quality learning to young students and driving relevant research to solve the biggest problems in the Transportation sector.
NRTI seeks to appoint an eminent scholar with an outstanding track record in academic leadership for the position of the Vice-Chancellor. It offers a unique opportunity to higher education leaders and institution builders for leading the foundation of an eminent institution which aspires to be known for its high quality of teaching, research, scholarship and professionalism in India and the world.
For consideration to the position of Vice-Chancellor, the applicant must:
- Be a strategic thinker and a visionary to be able to build and grow NRTI into a world-class university in terms of quality, scale and international recognition.
- Be a distinguished academician, preferably with international experience, with a minimum of ten years of experience as Professor in a university system or ten years of experience in an equivalent position in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organization, and a track-record of high performance in academic leadership roles.
- Have the highest level of competence, integrity, morals and institutional commitment.
- Have demonstrated experience in networking and collaboration with business and industry, government, research funding institutions, universities and institutions within and outside the country.
- Have a proven track record of quality teaching at post graduate level, research and publications in peer-reviewed journals, monographs, books and projects.
Other desirable qualifications and competencies expected for the position include:
- A PhD (doctorate) from a top ranked University globally or in India, in an area relevant to the programmes of NRTI
- Ability to represent and uphold the image of the University at national and international level and work in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity.
- Capacity to work under pressure and have firm, fair and transparent management ethics.
- Ability to attract and inspire high-quality academics, faculty and staff necessary to develop the University.
Preferably, not more than 65 years of age as on the closing date of receipt of applications of this advertisement.
Salary and Service Conditions:
- The post is currently in Level 16 of 7th CPC Pay matrix and entitled to corresponding pay and allowances.
- NRTI aims to offer competitive benefits and progressive policies.
- The appointment will be for a term of five years or up to the age of 70 years, whichever is earlier.
Procedure for Applying:
- Application from interested eligible individuals in the prescribed proforma should be made online through the following link.
- If online application is not possible, a hard copy may be sent by Registered/Speed Post to:
The Dy. Director (Training),
Railway Board, Ministry of Railways,
Room No. 359-C, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi – 110001
- “Application for the post of Vice Chancellor, National Rail and Transportation Institute”, should be superscribed on the envelope/mentioned in the subject of the mail.
- Applications must reach latest by 11:00 hrs on 31.05.2021.
- The institute is not responsible for postal delays.
Procedure for Appointment:
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to invite meritorious candidates who may not have applied in response to the advertisement to go through the selection process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interact with the Committee.
- Appointment will be made from a panel of names recommended by the Committee constituted for the purpose as per applicable regulations.
Note: Mere fulfilment of the above-mentioned qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview on basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Candidates should, therefore, furnish all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed.